procrastination strikes again, this time in the form of me finding a list of phobias, including the most ironic of them all.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedalophobia
That happens to be the fear of long words...
*shakes head* There has got to be some mean-ass psychotherapist somewhere with a penchant for irony who laughs a little more each time someone is diagnosed with that, those poor people, they probably couldn't even manage to tell someone what it is they have, due to their irrational fear of long words. Personally, I could never imagine having a phobia of words, since I write all the time. I do think, however, that I definitely have a little bit of claustrophobia, some pyrophobia that goes with that, since I'm deathly afraid of being locked in a small space while the rest of the building goes up in flames and I can't get out. I used to have horrid nightmares about it too, not so much now, but when I was little I used to have them all the time.
Phobias are completely treatable though, as my psych prof is so proud of saying. All you have to do is face them...
Happy Friday the thirteenth this week though, I have an exam...*cringes* Hopefully it'll go well. *crosses fingers*...*knock on wood*
I suppose now I'll have to find a list of superstitions for Friday's entry...that'll be fun.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment