I'm finally in Chicoutimi, PQ.
It's this gorgeous little town, about two hours north-east of Quebec city, and full to bursting with quaint houses and beautiful churcjes. I imagine that it would be absolutely beautiful with the fall colors in all the trees.
I am living with an older couple and their great-niece. They live in this interestingly shaped house, with their three cats and one dog. It's going to be neat to live here.
Jan and I drove for twelve hours yesterday, stopping just outside of Montreal for the night, and I had my first experience with weird french food, dining on frog's legs. That was interesting. We left early this morning to get here on time, and made it in the perfect amount of time. After we got here and all sorted at the school, Jan and I were introduced to my family, Diane and Fred. They had us both back for supper, which was lovely, and I got to meet their daughter, whose name I can't spell. *smiles*
I miss my family, and I certainly miss Jan...but at least I still have the internet and the ability to talk to them all.
Anyway, I'm going to end this and post more tomorrow, after my first day at school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment